Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Mango Sorbet




















I love mango sorbet and you can make a really tasty girly drink by putting a big scoop of it in a glass of champagne or sparkling wine. One day I couldn't find my little carton of mango sorbet for my girly get together, so I decided to find a way to make my own. I found this recipe and it is really tasty and very sweet!!!!














Ingredients:
3 cups sugar
3 cups water
4 ripe mangos (3 1/2 pounds)
3 Tbsp lime juice (or lemon juice)

Method:













Heat sugar and water. Bring mixture to a boil until the sugar dissolves and then cool.














Wash and dry mangoes. The easiest way to get the most flesh out of the mango is to cut down the two flat sides of each mango (the seed is large and flat).














Then scoop out the flesh with a spoon from all sides.














Put mango flesh in blender. Take 1 cup of cooled syrup and add to blender. Add lime or lemon juice and puree until smooth.



















You can also finely chop some extra mango to add to the mix to have chunks of mango in your sorbet as well.














Freeze with ice cream maker. If you do not have an ice cream maker you can put it in a container to put in the freezer. Take out of freezer about 15-20 before serving so that it is easier to scoop out.

No comments:

Post a Comment