Friday, November 20, 2009

Kid's Crayon Tote















I have made this crayon/coloring book tote for my son this year for Christmas. I got the idea from my mother-in-law who made one for my daughter for Christmas last year. I found a really cute pirate print and accented it with black, brown, and cream colors.  We love to put this in our back pack when we travel and pack along some extra stickers and such in the big pocket.















Inside there is a pocket for coloring books and slots for crayons.















Sewn this way there are 20 individual slots for crayons so if you buy a 24 count box you will have to double up a few crayons. Markers will also fit but because of their height they may need to be staggered in the slots.















The print I found had pirate ships and islands and I thought it would be fun to cut out a bit of a scene to put on the inside. I used fusible interfacing to attach the small panel and used a small zig zag stitch around the outside to finish it off.

Some more crayon totes I've made to sell:


Do - do- do- dora!!!!


Little boys love tractors...

I made a tractor with red inside.... 

And tractor ones with orange inside....

What a fun Disney one as well...



FREE instructions and other pictures are available at:




Don't want to make them yourself, come check out my shop - Things I Like 2 Make - on Etsy.com and look at the ones I have made up already and have for sale.



No comments:

Post a Comment