Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mojitos



















My friend Laurie introduced me to mojitos and taught me a really simple way to make them. They are now one of my most favorite "girly" drinks and I made my husband go to 6 different grocery stores on New Year's Eve to find a bag of fresh mint so I could ring in the New Year with one of these fabulous drinks.

Ingredients:













1 lime
1 shot Bacardi Rum
1-2 sprigs of fresh mint leaves
crushed ice
Simple Sugar solution

Simple Sugar Solution:
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
Boil water and add sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Cool before use. For more solution, continue to add equal parts of sugar to water.

Method:













Cut a lime into fourths and squeeze juice in a pint-sized glass.



















Pull leaves off of 1-2 mint sprigs and put in glass on top of lime. Using a wooden press (like the Pampered Chef tart press), crush down on mint leaves to bruise them.













Pour in 1 shot (1/4 cup) Bacardi Rum.



















Add enough crushed ice to fill up glass. Then pour Simple Sugar solution in until you fill the glass. Stir up drink with a straw and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment