Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Tartlets















I was getting to help demonstrate products at my Thanksgiving themed Pampered Chef party and I wanted to share a real taste of Thanksgiving with some of my British friends. We didn't have the time to make a full blown pumpkin pie, so I found and modified this recipe that I found online by Jordan Reimer. Of course they are not the conventional pumpkin pie but it's pretty darn close. I would say you could use a short crust pastry as well to have it taste a bit more like a real pie crust, but who am I to deny anyone puff pastry. Also the maple flavored whipped cream on top is just fab!


Ingredients:

2 sheets of puff pastry

Pie Filling:
1 can pumpkin (1 3/4 cup pumpkin puree)
1 1/2 cup half and half
2 eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup packed brown sugar


Method:

Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a 24-ct mini muffin pan.














Slightly thaw your sheet of puff pastry. Roll it out just a little bit.
Use round cutter (approx 2 " in diameter) to make circles. (Dip the end in flour to help keep it from sticking)















Lay the circles over each opening. Dip tart shaper in flour then press down on pastry to create a pie casing.














Whisk together pie filling ingredients and pour mixture into tart shells.















Bake for 20 minutes. Makes 48 mini pumpkin pies.

Maple Whipped Cream

1 cups whipping cream
2 Tbsp cup maple syrup

Whisk whipping cream until almost stiff. Add in maple syrup and continue to whisk until firm peaks form.

Top pies with whipped cream (I used the Pampered Chef Easy Accent Decorator).

No comments:

Post a Comment