Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Candy Bar Milkshakes

















When I was young my family loved to make milkshakes in my mom's old Vitamix blender.  We would add sorts of things to them like cookies and candy bars.  Then I discovered Dairy Queen!  Well, after living overseas for almost 4 years and not having access to a local DQ, my family started making our own "candy bar milkshakes."  Now that we are back in America, we do frequent a DQ every now and again but when we want a night in and some family fun we build our own and the kids put in their own goodies.

Ingredients:














1 - 1 1/2 cups ice cream
2-3 Tbsp milk
2-3 Tblsp of desired cookies or candy bar, chopped
1 tsp chocolate syrup (*opt)
1 tsp malt powder (*opt)

Method:





















Add all ingredients to a blender.  Blend until thoroughly mixed.  Pour into frosted cup or bowl.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment