Monday, November 14, 2011

Quick and Easy Breadsticks


I was looking for a really quick breadstick recipe to add to my pasta meal the other day and as I searched online I found this recipe on food.com.  These breadsticks are super soft and chewy and great to make if you don't have a whole lot of time.  

Ingredients:

1 cup warm water
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup oil
3 cups bread flour
2 1/2 teaspoons yeast

Method:


Mix together all of the ingredients.  You can use either a bread machine, a mixer or do it by hand (like I do because it's all I got and I'm lucky to have two of them!.


Roll out the dough on a light floured surface into a 10x12 inch rectangle.


Cut into strips about 3/4 inch wide. Give each strip a twist and place on a greased cookie sheet. Let rise for at least 20 minutes or more if you have time. ( I like to cover them with a light towel and set near a warm oven to help them raise.)


Bake at 375 F for 10-15 minutes. 


Brush with butter and sprinkle with garlic salt and parmesan cheese.  (You could make these sweet as well by sprinkling on cinnamon sugar and icing!!!)




No comments:

Post a Comment