Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Vote for Me on Top Mommy Blogs.com

Over the past couple of weeks you may have noticed something new on my blog.  The "Vote For Me at Top Mommy Blogs.com" button over there on the right hand side of the page.  Some of you may be wondering what that is all about and I wanted to take a few minutes to share with you why it is there.

I started my blog just over 2 years ago with a passion (or maybe crazy obsession) to share with others all the things I like to make, bake, cook, sew, craft, do to entertain others, gifts to give, and so much more.  I still believe that with a little bit of planning and some creativity you can save money and gain great satisfaction by creating things with your own two hands.

It was four years ago I stepped out of the role as professional career woman to be full time mom and homemaker and in a foreign country never the less.  Talk about culture shock on many different levels. I think every mom struggles with the right balance of raising a family, managing a home, contributing to the world and just doing something for herself to stay sane.  This blog has helped me focus my energy to doing all of these things in unison.

Also I have this crazy dream that someday I could end up like that gal in the movie "Julie and Julia." I dream that someone will discover my blog and my crazy passion to make stuff.   If it's not God's plan for me to be famous I am totally cool with that. I know my true purpose in life is to be the best mom and wife I can be.  I love the idea that this site holds all my favorite things to make and that if something were to ever happen to me, my kids and husband will have what makes up me all in one spot.

So why the Top Mommy Blogs?






The Top Mommy Blogs.com site is directory of blogs written by other moms just like me wanting to share their stories, their ideas, and their passions.  Each blog has to go through an application process to get posted on the site.  Once a blog gets accepted they get to post a button on their site to help get "votes."  One click from a single computer in a 24 hour period counts as one vote and each vote helps contribute towards moving up in the rankings on their directory.  So visiting my site everyday and clicking on the Top Mommy Blog button helps move me up in the rankings.  My goal is to get in the Top 25 and stay there to help increase the exposure of my blog to others.  I started out at #472 and after three weeks I steadily worked my way up to #64.

If you believe in me, in what I do, and in this blog, come visit my blog site everyday and click on the Top Mommy Blog button every day.  Help me get closer to seeing my dreams come true (and I'll save a spot for you all as extras in my made for TV movie)!!!

Love you all and thank you for supporting me and all the Things I Like to Make!

Corrina xx

No comments:

Post a Comment