Saturday, December 17, 2011

Almond Bark Pretzels

Almond Bark Pretzels have been a standard Christmas time treat in my family for as long as I can remember.  My mom made these every year at Christmastime and I continue to make every year as well, but they do take a little time and patience (well, at least for me).  You can use a double boiler method to melt the almond bark, but I really like using my electric fondue pot on a low setting so I don't have to keep an I on the double boiler.  What's also fun about these little guys is that you can sprinkle on some holiday sprinkles before the bark hardens up to add that little something special to them.

Ingredients:

1 block of almond bark squares
1 large bag of mini pretzels
slivers of parafin wax






















Break apart almond bark bar and put in top part of a double boiler or an electric fondue pot on low heat.  Let it melt.  Add in slivers of parafin wax and mix until it is incorporated.






















Drop in pretzels (about 10 at a time) and stir them around until they are coated.





















Pick out the pretzels with a tweezers and shake off excess almond bark.















Set coated pretzels on waxed paper and let cool until bark is hardened.  Store in airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment