Saturday, January 28, 2012

Chicken Satay















One of my favorite starters which I love to have before a Chinese meal or during a summer BBQ.  This  marinade has a nutty flavor to it and when you dip it in some good satay sauce it's a match made in heaven.  I usually use a premix for the marinade which you can often pick up at any Asian supermarket.  The kind I get is the Lobo brand.  It comes with two packets inside.  Packet A usually gets added to water or coconut milk to make the marinade.  You can use packet B to make the satay sauce, but I usually like the pre-made stuff in a jar....I know I totally go against my principles of trying to make things from scratch but this is my way of getting a great Chinese treat without having to go to a restaurant to get it.

Ingredients:














1 lb (500 g) chicken (boneless, skinless breast or thigh meat)
1 packet of Satay premix (use packet A)
¼ cup or 60 ml coconut milk or water (look on the instructions)

Method:

Cut up chicken into bite sized chunks (about 1").

Mix Packet A with coconut milk and add chicken. Marinate for at least 1 hour.

Thread the chicken onto skewers.

Grill or cook under a hot broiler in the oven until done (a few minutes on each side).

Serve with warm satay sauce to dip in.


No comments:

Post a Comment