Thursday, January 19, 2012

Iowa State Baby Booties


I just have to show you these cute little booties I made for my nephew this year for Christmas.  We are big Iowa State fans in our family and I thought the newest member of the family needed some Iowa State gear.  I used the McCall's M6342 pattern to help me make them, but I modified them a little bit to attach the Iowa State logo on the fronts.  


Attaching the logo was quite easy, as I used fusible webbing to attach on the back of some Iowa State logo fabric and then I cut out the shape of the logo.  I simply iron the logo on the piece that made the front of the shoe, then I used a satin stitch to outline the logo and hide the cut edge.


They were a little tricky to maneuver as they are soooo small, but for my first attempt they turned out okay.  I love having this pattern because it has 12 different designs and should be some fun baby gifts that I can make.

If you are an Iowa State fan and would like to deck our your little one with some of these booties, email me and I would love to make them a pair or two.  The logo fabric I have also has some of the other Iowa State logos on them as well to mix up the looks. Also they would be super cute in fleece if you wanted warmer booties.

No comments:

Post a Comment