Friday, September 4, 2009

Homemade Marshmallow Cream

Living overseas has created many moments that I have been unable to find some prepackaged ingredients to make some simple recipes. One day I was really wanting to make that fruit dip that you mix a jar of marshmallow cream with a container of cream cheese. I couldn't find marshmallow cream in any of the stores so I searched out a recipe to make it from scratch that tastes great and you can freeze it for future use. The best thing about this recipe is that I know exactly what is going it. I've used the disposable plastic containers to measure out what I would need for a recipe of fruit dip or other recipes I like using the cream and stick it in the freezer for up to a year. Enjoy!


Homemade Marshmallow Cream
(Yields: 2 cups)

3/4 egg white
1/2 cup white corn syrup (1/2 sugar + 2 Tbsp of water if you don't have corn syrup)
1/8 tsp of salt
1/2 powdered sugar or icing sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla extract

Combine egg white, corn syrup, and salt. Beat with mixer on high for 10 minutes or until thick. Add icing sugar and beat on low until blended. Beat in vanilla until blended. Use in any recipe that calls for marshmallow cream. This recipe yields 2 cups and the cream can be frozen if you don't need all that you make up.

No comments:

Post a Comment