Saturday, December 26, 2009

Holiday Cookie Plates













Christmas time is a great time to let people know that you care about them, and I think the next best thing to baking up loads of Christmas cookies is to give them all away. This year since we actually spent Christmas in England, I made up several plates of holiday cookies to hand out to my neighbors.













This year I made up about eight different kinds of cookies in preparation for my Christmas Cookie Exchange and put a lot of them in the freezer until I was ready to make up my cookie plates. I used simple white paper plates to display the cookies, but you could get nice colored ones as well.


















Next I wrapped up the plates with special holiday baggies that I found at Lakeland, a local kitchen store.












I topped it off with a little label that I printed off on the computer.















On Christmas Eve, I popped on my Santa hat and my daughter and I went around to deliver the goodies in our little red wagon. 'Tis the season for giving and what better to give a gift from the heart. This is definitely a tradition we will carryon no matter where we end up in the world each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment