Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Princess Cookie Wands













I made Princess Cookie Wands as a fun party favor for my daughter's princess birthday party. I utilized my Butter Cookie recipe because it's my favorite but made a few modifications to make the cookie bit a little more substantial with the lollie stick.













For this type of treat the cookie dough needs to be rolled out to at least 1/2" - 5/8" thick to accommodate the lollie stick.













After cutting out the cookie shape, lay it on a cookie sheet and gently insert the lollie stick in the center of the thickness of the cookie and at least half way up through the cookie.













Arrange the cookies on the cookie pan or stone so that they are well spaced. I increase the baking time to 10 -12 minutes for these cookies or until they are golden brown on the edges. Let the cookies cool for a minute after taking them out and then move them to a cooling rack until completely cooled. Then decorate as you desire.



















For the final touch, insert the cookie on a stick into a small cellophane bag that you can by at most craft or cooking stores and tie up the bottom with a pretty bow or ribbon.

1 comment:

  1. I want to to thank you for this very good read!! I definitely enjoyed every bit of it.
    I have got you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post…
    my webpage :: diet plans that work

    ReplyDelete