Friday, June 11, 2010

Creamy Potato Salad














One of my favorite things about summer time is getting to make and eat loads of potato salad. I've had all different kinds but this is my all-time favorite recipe because its creamy and I just can't stop eating it. For those of you from my hometown, you make recognize this as the Traditional Potato Salad that you can buy at the local grocery store...I nicked the recipe before I graduated high school....shhhh!!!

Ingredients:














2 1/2 lbs (1 kg) new potatoes, cooked, peeled, and diced
3 hard boiled eggs, diced
1/4 cup onion, chopped
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 Tbsp mustard
1 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 cups Miracle Whip (can use mayonnaise but it will taste a little different)
1/3 cup half 'n half/single cream

Method:














Mix together Miracle Whip, mustard, sugar, salt, and half 'n half (cream).













Add diced onions, hard boiled eggs, and potatoes.














Mix together well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving so that it is cool all the way through.

***Note: If I am going to bring this salad to a picnic or get together, I like to dress it up with a sliced hard boiled egg garnish on top and sprinkle it with paprika.

No comments:

Post a Comment