Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Union Jack Picnic Bag Set















I wanted to make a unique gift for my friend who lived in England with me but moved back to her home country. I found this great Union Jack fabric and made a large beach bag out of it. Not only do I like to make gifts for people but I like coupling it together with some other fun little bits to go with it. Along with making the beach/picnic bag, I made a coordinating cutlery roll. For that extra little touch I found some Union Jack napkins to pop in the bag as well. My friend loved the bag so much that she used it has a hand bag as well and toted it all around the city of Singapore.















The cutlery roll holds 4 sets of cutlery and keeps all your spoons, forks and knives clean, safe, and compact. It has a cloth ribbon connected to the outside to tie it all up.















It took awhile to resize the bag from my original pattern so that I could make a full Union Jack panel as the bottom of the bag.















I also made the bag reversible with a solid red print. The bag is big and can hold loads of great picnic items or anything else you want to bring along with you to the beach or where ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment