Friday, September 4, 2009

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

For my daughter's 2nd birthday party we had a baking theme since she loves to help me in the kitchen. So for her birthday cake I made cupcakes in ice cream cones and it was a great way to incorporate cake and ice cream as one for children ages 2-4 to eat without a lot of mess.













With the limited types of cake mix you can buy in the United Kingdom, I chose to use the chocolate swirl mix so I could make it look like vanilla and chocolate ice cream. You can use any type of cake mix though. I mixed up the batter as directed on the box and filled the cones 2/3 the way up. With the swirl mix I had I put the vanilla on bottom and a spoonful of chocolate on top.













I put the cones in a 9x13 inch pan and baked them as directed for cupcakes.













After they were done, I let them cool and then trimmed off any uneven cupcake before I frosted them.














I topped the cakes with vanilla frosting and added little sprinkles for the final touch. I then arranged the cones in a square for the cake and topped it all with a candle.

After my daughter blew out the candle all the kids loved coming up and grabbing their own cone to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment