Friday, October 16, 2009

Poppy Seed Chicken

One of the greatest things about having a baby for me is getting to try a whole new line of foods that people so graciously bring over to your house. This recipe came from my friend Marti who brought my family this amazing meal for dinner after I had my son. It's so easy to make and you almost always have these ingredients on hand. One thing to know is that if you don't have poppy seeds around it still tastes great without them.


Ingredients:
3-4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts - cooked and cubed
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz sour cream
1 sleeve of Ritz or another type of buttery crackers
1/2 cup butter
1 Tbsp poppy seeds
salt and pepper to taste

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C.














Mix together chicken, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased baking dish.














Melt butter. Crush crackers in a baggie and add to butter.














Mix together melted butter and crushed crackers.














Sprinkle the crackers on top of the chicken. Then sprinkle poppy seeds on to of the crackers. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 F/180 C.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is my kind of recipe too!! I will be making this and the bbq chicken stromboli next week!! Thanks, Corrina! Cooking really is a nightmare for me-this is making it better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my most favorite chix recipes. Great for potlucks and easy to make for anyone!

    ReplyDelete