Sunday, February 21, 2010

Crustless Cheddar, Bacon, and Onion Quiche













I love quiche!!! It is a very popular English lunch and dinner meal and often eaten cold or warm. I like them because they taste a lot like good ol' American breakfast casseroles with a crust. Since I'm trying to be a bit healthier I've taken one of the popular cheddar, bacon, and onion quiches and removed the crust and eat it for supper. Then if there are any leftovers I don't feel bad eating it for breakfast again.













Ingredients:

4 eggs
1/2 cup finely diced yellow onions (I used green onions)
8 slices of bacon, diced and fried
1 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Red Leicester cheese
1 cup skim milk
1/2 cup low fat half and half (low fat single cream)
salt and pepper to taste













Mix all ingredients together. Pour into a lightly greased 1 quart pie pan. Bake at 350 F/180 C for 45-50 minutes or until you can poke a knife through and it comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment