Friday, February 19, 2010

Make-Ahead Mini Pizzas













For my daughter's Princess birthday party I wanted to serve a warm food that would suit all the little princess and be easy to prepare. Instead of buying pre-made frozen pizzas, I made some little homemade pizzas a couple days ahead and froze them until the day of the party. This way I could make them into fun shapes to match the theme and save time by just pulling them out of the freezer and baking them. I also made up a few extras to keep in the freezer later lunches and fun snacks for my kids. You can top them with whatever you like and get your kids involved in helping you - it will get them excited about eating them later on.

Ingredients:
1 pkg of white crusty bread dough (for rolls/bread/pizza)
1 jar pizza sauce
shredded pizza cheeses (3-4 cups, depends on number of pizzas you make)
other pizza toppings

Method:

Make bread dough as recommended by package.













Roll dough out thin (about 1/4 inch thick). Use cookie cutter to make desired crust shapes.













Spread out pizza sauce on each pizza. Add toppings and cheese. I used small plastic containers to store the pizzas in and separated each layer with waxed paper/parchment paper. I sealed the lids and put them in the freezer until needed.

To Cook:
Preheat oven to 425 F/220 C. Put pizzas on lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and crust is turning a nice golden color.

No comments:

Post a Comment