Monday, March 22, 2010

Pasta Bar Luncheon

I recently hosted a little play date lunch at my home for several mums and friend's of my daughter's from pre-school. I wanted to have a fun lunch for both the mums and for the kids and that was easy to prepare right after school. I also had a friend who was vegetarian so I wanted to accommodate her and her daughter. I made up three sauce toppings - two tomato based and one a creamy white sauce and two different kinds of pasta. I laid out all the sauces and pasta in the middle of the table with the veggies and fruit like a mini buffet, so the mums could help the children get their plates and then fill up their own before sitting down.

Sauces:
  • Angel Chicken Pasta Sauce
  • Vegetable Marinara - cut up red bell pepper, zucchini (courgette), and mushrooms to add to tomato pasta sauce
  • Spaghetti Bolognese - added fried ground pork to tomato pasta sauce
Sides:
  • Fresh vegetable tray with dill dip
  • Fresh fruit tray
  • Garlic bread (I bought a pre-cut and seasoned loaf, but you could make your own)
  • Pre-made salad mix that I added cut cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and croutons
Dessert:
  • Snickers salad, biscuits and fairy cakes for the children (brought by my friend)
Drinks:
  • Flavored sparkling waters - light and crisp

No comments:

Post a Comment